Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Countdown: 8 Days

As we're getting down to the wire.... well, nothing's really all that different. Except I have to focus more on getting a job back home. Currently the job search is not going particularly well, but we'll see what happens when I get back home and start pretty much plastering my CV around town. Like, seriously. Keep me away from glue mixtures and lampposts.

Anyway, so I went to the sing-out, and then... I have no idea what I did after. Or the next day. Apologies if I did something with someone's who's reading this and they remember it. Oh, somewhere in those days I went with Taryn, Ben, and Selina to Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. It was pretty good, but we had a lot of food really late, so I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I would have if it were a regular meal time and I wasn't going home to bed right after. Friday and Saturday I went to work (that might also have been when I went to Whispering Canyon - I'm really not sure offhand, and I'm too lazy to actually go get the notebook from my room to check the date). Sunday was the beginning of five days off! Woohoo! I did pretty much nothing, and it was GLORIOUS! Just because I could and I had the time to make it worth it, I PAINTED MY NAILS. Oh yeah, that's right. Rebel, right here. They were dark red, too. I played a lot of video games the first couple days, and Taryn and I did a couple more restaurants. -- Oh, and I just remembered that Thursday/Friday was the opening of Toy Story 3, so I went to the midnight showing of that, and it was awesome! Best of the three, in my opinion. -- On Sunday we went to Mexico, and it really wasn't that great. Definitely not somewhere I would go again. The food wasn't overly fantastic, and the service was kind of nonexistent. Monday morning, though, was breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, and it was reeeeeeally good. We met characters, and had ice cream! Yeah, that's right: they had a sundae bar at breakfast. I was moderately wired for a while. They also had 'Lobster Benedict,' which was like Eggs Benedict, except that the poached egg was served on half a biscuit and it was covered in a creamy lobster sauce instead of hollandaise sauce. Then we went home and Taryn went to bed and I played video games all day. She was supposed to come over later that day to play, too, but she slept through the whole day, apparently. Tuesday I don't remember for the most part, except that I texted Stef in the evening to see if she wanted to do something and we ended up going to Cirque du Soleil, which was SO AMAZING. I loved it! And we got a discount on tickets and were sitting so close to the stage that when the silks number was on and one of the performers swung out, the silk actually fluttered inches above my head!

Wednesday was Stef's birthday, so I met up with her and Jennifer at Magic Kingdom for some random fun in dresses and tiaras. We met Princess Tiana, who was rather sassy with Prince Naveen and it was highly amusing, and went for lunch at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. We had a lot of fun with the characters there, too, especially Tigger. I've discovered that I'm just as addicted to the kids' macaroni and cheese as I was when I lived off of it on the cruise twelve years ago. Thursday was another relaxing day before heading back to work.

And work pretty much brings us to now. I have to work a PM tomorrow, and then I have my last two days off of my program. Which is really really weird to think about and I have a list of stuff I have to do. And sometime soon I should probably start packing. I put a couple sweaters away today, but I don't think that really counts. I'll probably be up earlier than I want to be in the morning, though, because we have an inspection tomorrow so something tells me I will be awake involuntarily. Stupid noisy housing and their stupid invasive inspections.

No comments:

Post a Comment