Sunday, May 16, 2010

......

*cough*

Uh.... Hi, guys!

...

Yeah, okay, so it's been a while. For most of April, that's because there was absolutely nothing going on. The majority of April was a very boring month. Well, not BORING boring (except work, which is almost always a little mind-numbing), but nothing-out-of-the-ordinary kind of boring. It was Mel's last month at Disney, so we did a LOT of running around the parks like small children, looking for characters and eating probably the equivalent of a sports bike, if not a dirt bike. For those of you who have seen my pictures on Facebook, you know this to be the truth. Lots of photos.

Towards the end of the month, we celebrated Mel's birthday by going to the Garden Grill in The Land at EPCOT. It's a family-style restaurant with characters that REVOLVES. Yeah, it totally does a 1-hour circle through the Livin' With the Land attraction. For me, this was slightly disconcerting because I was seated with my back to the scenery, so every once in a while I would turn around and not see anything remotely like what I'd seen the last time I had a casual glance. The characters all had fun with Mel's Mickey balloon when they came to the table, one chipmunk even going so far as to try to steal it! She got it back, though. The food was pretty good, and the cool thing is that most of the ingredients actually come from the pavilion itself. Or, at least, that's what they say. Not sure whether or not I completely believe this.

A few days later, Tiff and Christian came for a visit, which I was stoked about. They flew in on a Monday, but I didn't get to see them until the Tuesday. We did EPCOT for the morning, and I took them on Soarin' (Tiff freaked out a little bit, which was highly amusing, but I think she had fun anyway), and we did Test Track, and a whole bunch of other fun things. In the early afternoon I abandoned them to head to work, and they finished the boring park without me. Wednesday we were up bright and early to head to Animal Kingdom, where I got severely burnt and we didn't see any lions. Seriously, the lions haven't been out lately, even early in the morning. It makes me sad. I love the lions. Anyway. So we saw animals, did Everest, I finally got to go on Kali again (it'd been a while, since it was so cold; I got soaked what good), and we saw Flights of Wonder for the first time. I think Tiff only stopped in the first place because the woman doing the preshow had an owl on her arm, but it was worth it. It was such a great show, and so funny! At park closing, it was time to head over to the Lodge for our reservation at Boma. The food was pretty good. Tiff and Christian liked the Orange Mush, which we think involved sweet potatoes, but we're not entirely sure. I liked the nut sauce for the pork loin. We walked around the Lodge for a bit after, and then we headed back to Animal Kingdom to take our respective buses. Friday- -

Oooh, wait! Somewhere in those weeks before Tiff came was my program graduation party thingy. They have massive graduation breakfasts for about three months of end-dates at a time, and we all get together in a resort ballroom dressed all fancy, and we are fed breakfast, and we can get pictures with characters in graduation robes, and we get Mickey hats with tassels on them. It was awesome. After that, a large group of us headed to Magic Kingdom to take photos in front of the castle and stuff. It took some time to coordinate a picture of us throwing our hats in the air, but eventually we got it. And then scrambled to find all our hats before someone trampled them (thankfully we'd gotten them embroidered, so we knew whose was whose). We'd barely eaten the breakfast because we were so busy photographing one another that we were all kinda starving by this point. So thirteen of us (Sean being the only guy in that number) boarded the monorail (some still in uncomfortable heels and others, like myself, having resorted to flip-flops) and headed to EPCOT so that we could carry on the Canadian tradition of eating at Le Cellier after grad. Then we all kind of disbanded, some to drink around the world, and me to meet up with Mel and some of her friends from home who were visiting.

'Kay. Now we're back to Tiff's trip. So Friday was... Hang on, I missed Thursday, didn't I? Oh, plus either Tuesday or Wednesday night was Mel's throw-out, so I went to that. I was handed down the Tower of Terror challenge (60 rides in one day), so I have to start planning that soon before it gets too busy here. Thursday we went back to finish up Animal Kingdom, and Mel joined us since she didn't have much left to pack. I remember us going on Everest, but not much other than that. That night we did the Spirit of Aloha at the Polynesian, which I've discovered is a lot more pleasant when you're not soaking wet and freezing. Who knew? Fire dancer still rocked. And NOW we're at Friday. ...Which I don't really remember. At all. I know I was working, and I think we went to see Fantasmic that night. Maybe. Yes. Because Friday was Magic Kingdom day, but it closed early with no Wishes or Spectromagic, so we went to Fantasmic because the weather was supposed to be bad the next day anyway. Which it totally wasn't. Oh! I know why I don't remember Friday. Because I had to get up hella early to help Mel move all her stuff out and get to the resort we were staying at to check in before heading off for my AM shift. So I was kinda half-dead. And yes, we did go see Fantasmic that night. Mel met up with us at the Studios for that. Saturday morning I headed off to work, and Mel took my place at breakfast at 1900 Park Fare with Tiff and Christian. This kinda irked me that I couldn't have time off to be with my sister when other people had time off constantly for this, that, and the other thing, so I begged and pleaded for them to let me have Sunday off to spend my sister's last day with her. But anyway. So I worked my shift, and then met up with the three of them at the Studios. Again, not remembering much. We ate at Pizza Planet.... Ah! And I got to do Toy Story, Rock'n Roller Coaster, AND Tower of Terror with them! Which was awesome, because those are all the best things to do at the Studios. And we met some characters at the Animation building, which is always a fun time. I finally got to meet Genie, who is not an easy character to find.

And I have to go to movie night now, so I'll end this here. I could just save this and continue it later, but I figure posting this will get people off my back for a least a couple days. Maybe. Possibly. Just a little bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment