Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Part 2

So where was I? Sunday. Right. Well Sunday was shopping day, so we had to do some running around so that Tiff and Christian could get all their souvenirs for people. We also rode Tower of Terror again, because it's just that awesome. After we finished up at the Studios, we went to the resort to do some stuff exchanging between rooms, and then met up with Mel at Magic Kingdom to finish up the things that they wanted to do there. We did the Tiki Room, and Haunted Mansion (because I wanted to; they'd already done it), and I don't quite remember what else. Tiff and Christian headed back to the resort for a swim because it was really hot, and Mel and I headed to one of her last restaurants on her list: The Plaza Restaurant on Main Street. It's a lot of sandwiches and casual stuff like that, and it's super tiny, but it was really good! Weirdly enough I had a vegetarian sandwich because it sounded so good. Dessert was super-huge sundaes, which I'm still not sure how we managed to eat. Then we staked out a place for Spectro and Wishes, and Tiff met up with us at the spot. We then went to do a couple rides during Extra Magic Hours, since we were all resorts guests and could do so, and said our goodbyes and headed home.

Monday was supposed to have been our breakfast at The Wave, but I was very tired so we slammed the snooze button and then later headed to the pool before I had to work. I got burnt. That kinda happened a lot that week. Tuesday we had lunch at Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West, and that was pretty awesome. Then, again, I headed to work. Wednesday was our Magic Kingdom day, as well as dinner at California Grill at the Contemporary, so we just made another reservation for The Wave that morning. Despite hearing people complain about it all the time, we had a pretty good breakfast. It's extremely ugly in there and needs to be brought out of the 70s, but the food was good. Then we went to Magic Kingdom for probably the most fun I've ever had in that park. We donned tiaras, and hopped the horse-drawn streetcar to Cinderella's Castle. We were seated at the back, with the barber shop quartet behind us, and they talked with us and serenaded us with princess songs the whole way. It was SO COOL. We ran around everywhere, making sure Mel got in everything she needed and wanted to do before she left. Everyone was calling us 'Princess' and talking to us all day, which was really, really awesome. We watched the parade from the edge of Main Street before Liberty Bridge, and characters came up to us during the parade to bow to us and wave! I got elbowed by a small child and slightly rammed by a stroller (same family, same ten minutes). After that, I did the Hall of Presidents for the first time, because we were extremely hot and it was air conditioned. There wasn't much else to do at that point, so we decided to meander over to California Grill in the hopes that we'd spend enough time in the air conditioning when we got there that we wouldn't be gross by the time of our reservation. On Main Street, though, we were stopped by a guy from guest relations who asked us if we wanted to do a Main Street scavenger hunt. We've got the time, so why not? Out of a sheet of 20 questions we had to blindly choose 5 and find the answers to them somewhere on Main Street. Thanks to that hunt, I now know when the Emporium was "established," how much the football game costs at the train station, and when the next horse auction is. We weren't sure if we were coming back to the park or not, so instead of writing us a fastpass for any ride we wanted, we each got a coupon for a free plushie! So we explored the plush section of the Emporium before making our choices (Donald for Mel and Stitch for me). So NOW we're heading to California Grill, a signature restaurant, sweaty, wearing tiaras, and carrying stuffed toys. ... Yeah. That's really classy. But it's Disney, so we weren't too bothered by it. And we were seated at a 4-top, so Donald and Stitch got seats so they wouldn't have to go on the floor. We had a really amazing view of the parks from our table, and the food was really good. I can't say I understand why everyone raves about it, but it was good. We decided during dinner that this day was too awesome to end so early, so we went back to Magic Kingdom for a little while longer. Mel told me to get lost for half an hour, so I took my book and sat in front of the 'Partners' statue and read. She showed up with a package tied to a(n extremely obnoxious) Mickey balloon and handed it to me. Inside was a birthday button (which she made me wear) and a beautiful glass Maleficent figurine as an early birthday present. I was so thrilled! She wanted to do Laugh Floor one more time, so we did, and I was picked by one of the monsters. They said I had a chandelier on my head, which, admittedly, was kinda true. So I got to make a fool of myself in front of tons of random people. And then we ran to get a good spot for Wishes, which we left partway through so that we wouldn't have to wait five buses to get home.

Part 3 coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment